3/3/09

3/2/09

Breakfast:
4 oz hard boiled egg whites (tasted better without overboiled egg yolk)
1/2 cup of milk in my coffee while meant I had
1 cup of oatmeal without milk. :(
1/2 cup of yogurt
6 oz of FRESH PINEAPPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess I could have skipped the yogurt and put a 1/2 cup of milk in my oatmeal.

Lunch:
I really wanted M to make me lunch, but I did it myself.

4 oz chicken
1 cup brown rice
1 cup stir fry veggies
1 cup salad

Coffee in the afternoon with a little milk.

Supper:
I asked M to make my chili for supper. Explained to him that I needed EXACTLY 4 oz of cooked hamburger, EXACTLY 1 cup of tomatoes, EXACTLY 1 cup of beans. Left out the cans and recipe. Hungry at 5:00, found all the tomatoes (3 cups) and beans (2 cups) stewed with the meat. Argggghhh!

He had already left for the cigar store to hang out and I almost called him to chew him out and tell him how mad that he doesn't LISTEN!!!!!

I called C instead. She said I was responsible for my food and my recovery. Not him. I need to take care of myself.

What???????

If I'm responsible then I can't blame other people.

Shoot.

Well, I'd rather use other words. LOTS of other words.

So I spooned out just the tomatoes, heated them up with chicken, sprinkled on more chili powder. Realized I was out of rice and used leftover white rice from the night before. Not ideal and I expected the white rice to cause blood sugar problems/hunger/craving. And I resigned myself to a not-fully-abstinent meal. But supper turned out OK. Little A and I ate together--she munched on green beans and some rice.

Supper: 4 oz chicken, 1 cup rice, 1 cup cooked tomatoes, 1 cup salad.

C encouraged me that I was doing well. She said she was a mess for the first month. So I feel good.

Snack: yogurt and more pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment