3/9/09

3/9/09

Breakfast:
4 oz chicken
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup milk in coffee, oatmeal--I might have fudged and put too much in oatmeal, lost track.
1 cup oatmeal
6 oz blueberries

Plan for lunch:
4 oz chicken
1 cup cooked veggies
1 cup brown rice
1 cup tomatoes and cilantro

Supper:
4 oz beef strips
1 cup fajita seasoned peppers & tomatoes
1 cup salad
1 cup beans

Snack:
yogurt and melon

Today I'm at peace. Moving forward!

Biggest goal is to get to OA meeting. Will blog about it. I know I told C I'm going so I better go. I worry about asking M to watch the kids all day and all evening too, but it's late enough that it shouldn't be a big problem.

What happened today:

Lunch was as planned except I ate beans instead of rice. No issues. I felt great all afternoon. Maybe not drinking too much coffee and the fact that it's my second week probably help.

Supper was as planned except I ate two cups of cooked veggies. I'll make sure to get my raw veggies tomorrow.

Snack: I ate cottage cheese. I may buy it once more, but it's interesting how excited I get when I see it. It's a food with emotional connections to family, so it might be a trigger food or a food I should avoid. We'll see.

I went to OA. M agreed to watch the kids and I went off. I really could have stayed home and worked. I have a lot of writing to do before noon tomorrow.

So I got there and wandered around the building and finally found it. All the doors were locked. No one showed up.

It was the meeting that I used to attend four years ago and I think that happened once before. Who knows what's going on with it. It's frustrating. See, relationships with people are messy. Try to engage them in recovery and they don't bother to show up.

I'm discouraged but determined. Perhaps a Saturday morning meeting will work for me. I'm also going to try online and telephone meetings. But I need to go to a face-to-face meeting because it's a personal sacrifice to do it and it feels hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment