4/9/09

4/9/09

Today I am reluctantly striving for abstinence. I've been to the other side of sugar, wheat and doing whatever I want. I know it feels yucky and that my body does better with lots of fruit, vegetables and healthy foods. But I'm cranky about starting the journey again. The exuberance that I felt when I began March 1 isn't there this time around.

But I'm doing it because otherwise--food will kill me slowly and painfully. Specifically, sugar will kill me. I've seen what it has done to those that I love and I suspect it's already starting to wage war in my body.

So, for today, I chose abstinence, reluctantly.

Breakfast:
4 oz turkey patty spiced perfectly!
1/2 cup yogurt
5 oz apple
1/2 cup milk in coffee and oatmeal
1 cup oatmeal

Lunch:
4 oz beef
1 cup zucchini
1 cup asparagus
1 cup rice

Supper:
4 oz beef
1 cup refried beans
2 cups veggies TBD

yogurt and pear for snack

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, my dear. Don't forget that you get 6 ounces of fruit, not just 5 unless you're supplementing it with 1 oz. of applesauce.

    I promise you, there's no amount of food that will take away the pain of living. Meetings and a relationship with God will do that. That, and a bit of leg work, but just showing up to start with is enough.

    Love you.
    Charity

    ReplyDelete