3/17/09

3/17/09

My goal for today is that I will try a telephone or online OA meeting. I called about the Monday night meeting and found its new location. I'm going next week. And I'm going to try to figure out how to get to a meeting at some other time this week. Might not be hard since my parents will be here and can watch the kids on Saturday.

Yesterday was a good day. Wow, looking back, it was fully abstinent! Nice.

Today:

Breakfast:
1 cup oatmeal
6 oz blueberries
1 cup milk in coffee and oatmeal
No protein due to grocery issue. Hope to go today.

Lunch:
4 oz. beef
1 cup broccoli
1 cup beans
1 cup green beans

Supper:
4 oz curry chicken
1 cup brown rice
1 cup green beans
1 cup cauliflower

I had an interesting conversation yesterday with a co-worker who's a MSW who leads our health coaching program. We discussed how our program deals with weight management and behavior change. He said something that I've been pondering, "We can learn as much from our mistakes as we do from what we do right. Sometimes with behavior change we think we need to do it perfectly."

Yeah, that's what I think. My eating has to be perfect. And really, to be healthy and successful in this, it would help if I'm close to perfect.

But I learned a lot about my decisions on Sunday. I need community. I can't make it without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment