3/5/09

3/5/09

This morning I've been thinking about the freedom that the food plan brings. Freedom from feeling guilty. Freedom from obesity (I hope). Freedom from feeling yucky.

I keep thinking about C saying it took her a month or so to not be a mess. I think that for me, I'm so excited that it works that I'm not feeling deprived too much, that I'm honeymooning. It might be harder for me in a month or so. I've reviewed my diet history and that seems to be when things get hard -- after 10 weeks. Stay tuned.

I've also been trying hard to deal with thoughts about foods I might not ever eat again. I keep reminding myself--that's why it's one day at a time. One choice at a time.

Menu for today

I learned yesterday that planning is much better than not planning

here's the plan for today (I'll update the bottom at the end of the day to say how it went):

Breakfast:
2 hardboiled eggs
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 c yogurt
1/2 c milk
6 oz apple

Lunch:
4 oz chicken from crockpot
1 cup zuchinni
1 cup salad
1 cup brown rice

Supper:
Fajitas:
4 oz chicken with seasoning
1 cup refried beans
1 cup cooked veggies
1 cup lettuce
1 T dressing

Snack:
yogurt & fruit

Lunch ended up being different because I didn't put the chicken in the crockpot. Fortunately, there was leftover meat and enough to make a great meal.

I was hungry and grumpy at supper time. Nibbled on chicken while I picked it off the bone. Nibbled on beans and lettuce as I put it away. Next time I'll pray about my emotions. I could have just picked off the chicken I needed and left the rest for a time when I was feeling less emotional.

Loved the baked chicken. I'll do that again. I slowly cooked it for three hours (it was a little frozen when I put it in the oven). I'm so impressed with my options on this food plan.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a great job, Rachel! Sometimes when I had a craving for something very unhealthy, I would pray and ask God to remind me of the real reason he gave us food. That helped. Maybe that would help when you start having thoughts about what you might never eat again. Thanks for posting about your journey.

    ReplyDelete